Strategies to add value to local breeds
Heraklion, Crete, Greece, 23rd August 2010
(jointly organised by FAO – ERFP – EAAP WG_AnGR)
- Jean-Pierre Boutonnet, INRA, France
"How to distinguish products made from a specific animal breed? Stakes and ways of collective action in the European Union"
- S. Belibasaki, NAGREF, Greece
"Local breeds as tool for a balanced regional development in the world of "globalization": The case of Crete Island"
- Anne Lauvie, INRA, France
"Interactions between management of local breeds and valorization of products, examples of French cattle breeds"
- Benedicte Lund, NordGen
"Marketing products based on breed in the Nordic region"
- Martino Cassandro, University of Padua, Italy
"Added values of dairy cattle breeds"
- Christos Papachristoforou, NC Cyprus
"Strategies to add value to local breeds with particular reference to sheep and goats"
- Fancois Casabianca, INRA, France
"Are PDO projects adding value to local breeds: comparing two case studies, Nustrale and Cinta Senese pig breeds"
- A. Sanz, CITA de Aragon, Spain
"Beef quality differentiation in the framework of Serrana de Teruel endangered breed conservation programme"
- Despoina Karatosidi, Univerity of Bari, Italy
"Valuation of autochthonous bovine genotypes: Assessment of the meat quality of the Italian Podolian and the Greek Katerini cattle"
- Sipke-Joost Hiemstra, NC Netherlands
"Towards (self)sustainability of local cattle breeds in Europe"
- Jascha Leenhouwers, Institute for Pig Genetics, Netherlands
"Suitability of traditional breeds for organic and low input pig production systems"